To get up-to-date info on all our events like us on Facebook
Human Trafficking Awareness Month Calendar of Events 2018
For easy reference, here is a hyperlinked text version of the event descriptions.
- October 28, 9-11:50 am. Yvonne Zimmerman, Professor of Christian Ethics at Methodist Theological School in Ohio and author of Other Dreams of Freedom: Religion, Sex and Human Trafficking (2012), Zimmerman sheds light on human trafficking through the lenses of theology, ethics, queer theory, history, policy, and social justice. Sié Chéou-Kang Center, Room 150, University of Denver.
- November 13, 5:30-7:30 pm. Kevin Bales, Professor of Contemporary Slavery at the Wilberforce Institute for the Study of Slavery and Emancipation at the University of Hull, Bales is the author of numerous groundbreaking and bestselling books such as Disposable People (1998), Ending Slavery (2007), and The Slave Next Door (2009). He is the co-founder of the organization Free the Slaves based in Washington, D.C. Special Events Room, Anderson Academic Commons, University of Denver. RSVP here.
- September 16, 2014 – Quiz with a Cause: Join the HTC for a night of trivia to raise money for human trafficking research! Geeks Who Drink will be hosting a trivia night on behalf of HTC at the Stadium Inn at 1701 E. Evans Ave, Denver, CO.
- September 23, 2014 – Legislative Town Hall: Join HTC and members of the Colorado General Assembly for a Town Hall discussion of state and federal human trafficking legislation. 6:30 – 8:00 pm in the Anderson Academic Commons Special Events Room at the University of Denver.
- March 26th 2014 – Serving Survivors of Human Trafficking
- February 14th 2014 – “Flipping the Discourse: Empowerment and Effective Anti-Sex Trafficking Efforts.” Panelists included: Domina Elle – Dominatrix/Therapist, Sex Workers Advocate, Billie McIntire – Executive Director, Social Wellness Advocacy Network (SWAN) Colorado, Susan Dewey – Assistant Professor, Gender & Women’s Studies, University of Wyoming. Pictures of event here. Blog post recap of event here.
- Jan 9th – Fundraising and Trivia Night with Geeks Who Drink
- Nov 14th – HT 101 for the Center for Awareness Prevention and Empowerment at University of Denver
- Nov 5th – HTC and Abolition presented HT 201 “Sex and Trafficking”
- October 29th – Combating Human Trafficking Panel with Amanda Finger- Laboratory to Combat Human Trafficking, Patricia Medige- Colorado Legal Services, Det. Michael Ryan – Denver Police Dept., Special Agent Stephanie Benitez- FBI
- Oct 23rd – HTC and CORD Open House
- Oct 8th – HT 101 with Abolition
- Aug 23rd – Hosted a State Department Delegation of Anti-Trafficking Leaders
- July 30th – Training on Supply chain transparency with Johns Mandille